For Patients


FAQ Sections


Human Resources




Patient Portal




How do I register as a patient or for services at Chase County Community Hospital?
All persons presenting to Chase County Community Hospital and Clinic for services need to register before receiving tests or treatment. The following information will be required to complete the registration:

  • Patient’s social security number
  • Patient’s date of birth
  • Insurance information including billing address, policy number, enrollee name and insured’s social security number.
  • Insurance card(s)
  • Power of Attorney/Living Will information (the question will be asked to all patients)
  • List of known allergies if any
  • Guarantor (the person responsible for paying the bill) information

Why do I need to stop at admissions every time, even if I've been at the hospital recently?
There are many forms that require your signature prior to receiving services. Each visit to the clinic or hospital is unique and the circumstances of your visit may change. Visits may be due to accidents, illnesses, or routine services, which can change how we file your claim.

Who verifies my insurance?

The Patient Registration clerk will request a copy of your insurance card so that we may verify your coverage. Your insurance coverage may be verified by the Patient Registration department or by the Business Office department. The insured is encouraged to contact their insurer directly with questions prior to receiving services if possible.

What if I don’t have insurance?

The hospital accepts MasterCard and VISA for payment. Various payment options have been established for those patients who are financially unable to make full payment at the time of discharge. Please contact Janiel Kimble at 308-882-7310 for details.

I recently received a bill from a doctor I don’t remember seeing during my hospital stay or clinic visit. Why am I being charged?

The services of a radiologist, pathologist or anesthesiologist may be needed during your stay. While those physicians may not have visited you during your stay, they could have rendered professional services interpreting your radiology or laboratory services, or providing anesthesiology services.

Can I pay my bill from Chase County Clinic at Chase County Community Hospital?


Back to top


Human Resources

How do I obtain an employment application?

We have an application online which can be completed and submitted on our website.   You can also download and print it on your printer. You may call the Human Resource office at 308-882-7234 and request an application or pick one up in our office at 600 West 12th street.  

How can I check on the status of my application?

You can call the Human Resource office at 308-882-7234.

Can I submit an application for a position that is not currently open?

Yes, Chase County Community Hospital does keep applications on file for one year. If a position becomes available that you are qualified for, call the Human Resource office to let them know that you want your application pulled for the position you are interested in.

Back to top



My physician has instructed me to fast for my laboratory blood work. How long should I fast?
Most laboratory tests which require fasting require a fast of at least 8 to 10 hours prior to drawing of the tests.

Which laboratory tests require a fasting specimen?
FBS (Fasting Blood Sugar), Lipid Profile (which includes a cholesterol, triglyceride, HDL), Thyroid Profile (fasting is preferred) and Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP), which may include a fasting blood sugar.

What are the hours that the Laboratory is open to the public?
Laboratory is open Monday through Friday, 7am to 5:30 pm and Saturday from 7 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Laboratory services needed for Emergency Room patients are available at all times.

Are there any tests that must be scheduled in advance of my arrival to the laboratory?
Tests that must be scheduled in advance through the laboratory department include: Therapeutic Phlebotomy, Glucose Tolerance Test, and Drug Screen Testing.

I have to obtain a stool collection for a variety of laboratory tests. Are there any special requirements for collection of a stool specimen?
The area providers have been instructed on collection processes. However, in the event that you have not been instructed on the collection of a stool specimen, please call the Laboratory at 308-882-7241.

My physician has instructed me to collect a urine specimen for urinalysis. Are there any special requirements for collection of a urine specimen?
A clean-catch first morning urine specimen is the best specimen for testing. Special storage requirements are necessary as well. If you have questions, please call the Laboratory prior to collection of any urine specimen at 308-882-7241.

I have had a mastectomy. Are there any special requirements as to where blood may be drawn from me?
Usually your physician will instruct you to inform any health care personnel who need to perform venipuncture, or any invasive needle stick on you, to not draw from the same arm in close proximity to the mastectomy site. The patient must be assertive in informing the health care worker of the instructions.

My physician has ordered a laboratory test on me. Do I come directly to the Laboratory upon arrival at the hospital?
No, you must first register in admissions prior to coming to the Laboratory. Your physician will either call or fax your orders to Patient Registration, or give you a written script with orders for your laboratory tests that you will give to admissions upon your arrival.  If for any reason an admissions clerk is not available please come directly to the laboratory.  We will need a copy of your driver's license and insurance card and you will be asked to sign consent at that time.  PLEASE VERIFY WITH THE ORDERING PHYSICIAN THAT AN ORDER HAS BEEN SENT—OUR FAX # IS 308-882-7281 AND OUR PHONE # IS 308-882-7241.

How much time should I allow for registration and performance of my laboratory tests?
Please allow at least 20 minutes for routine ordering and collection. Certain circumstances may increase this time.  Please ring the doorbell outside of the lab to notify us of your arrival, if someone has not spoken with you in 10 minutes please ring it again.

Back to top



When will I get my bill?

If you verified your insurance information when you registered, you will receive a bill:

  • If your insurance company pays the claim and it leaves a coinsurance, your deductible has not been met or for services that are not coved.

  • If your insurance company denies the claim.

  • If your insurance company hasn't responded to the claim.

When do I become responsible for paying my bill?

You are legally responsible for your bill from the time you receive services from the hospital. We require all patient balances be paid in full immediately after you are notified.

Will you bill my insurance company for me?

Yes, as a courtesy we will bill your insurance company. It is your responsibility to provide any requested information to your insurance company (accident information, claim forms).

How will I know if my insurance company has paid my bill?

The insurance company may send you an explanation of benefits (EOB) after your claim has been processed. The explanation of benefits lists the amount Chase County Community Hospital and Clinic billed the insurance company and the amount the insurance company paid on the claim. It may also list the contractual discount amount and the patient responsibility. If your claim is denied, the explanation of benefits will explain the reason for denial.

If there is a balance due from you after the insurance company has paid its portion, we will send you a statement. This statement indicates the amount that has been paid and any balance you are required to pay. This is your bill. You are required to pay this bill in full.

Why do I need to call the insurance company if they do not pay?

You are ultimately responsible for the total bill or any portion of the bill your insurance carrier does not pay. Our office will make every effort to settle the account balance with your insurance carrier. Occasionally, we will be unable to resolve the issue with your carrier and will need your assistance.

How do I follow up with my insurance company?

Before you call, have available your insurance card, date of service, facility name, original billed amount, patient name and claim number if applicable. Ask your insurance the status of your claim. If paid, ask when and to whom. Please take note of this information and with whom you spoke at the insurance company. If the bill has not been paid, find out when the expected payment date is and ask if they need anything from you. If the bill is not paid in the stated timeframe, follow-up with the insurance company again and, if necessary, request to speak to a supervisor.

Why did my insurance only pay part of my bill?

Most insurance plans require you to pay a deductible and/or co-insurance. In addition, you could be responsible for non-covered services. Please contact your insurance company for specific answers to your questions.

What if I get more than one bill?

Each family member will receive their own statement; therefore it is possible to receive more than one statement per month.  Multiple statements may be paid together with one check.

How can I pay my patient balance?

Balances can be paid by mail, phone, or in person.

Would I be able to get on a payment plan if I can't afford to pay my bill all at once?

We currently offer a 12 month interest free payment schedule.  If you cannot meet the required monthly payment, we also offer long term medical loans through Western States Bank and Pinnacle Bank.  The long term medical loans allow the bill to be paid off over the course of five years.

I can't afford to pay my balance. What can I do?

If you cannot afford to pay your balance we do have a financial assistance program that could possibly reduce or cover your bill.  The financial aid application is available to print under the financial services link.

I received a letter stating that my account has been referred to a collection agency. How can I settle this issue?

If your account has been turned over to collections please contact our collection agency, Credit Management at 1-800-658-4447.

Do you have a reduced fee for self-pay clients?

There is not a reduced fee for self-pay patients; however our financial assistance program can reduce or cover bills for those patients who qualify.

Who can answer questions about my bill?

For billing questions, please call the main line at 308-882-7111 and ask for billing.

Which methods can I use to pay my bill (check, cash, credit card)?
Chase County Community Hospital accepts payments made by cash, check, money order, debit and credit cards. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Payments may be made:

By Mail-Use the return envelope that came with your billing statement to make a payment by check, money order or credit card. Or mail to:

Chase County Community Hospital
Attn: Accounts Receivable
PO Box 819
Imperial, NE  69033

You may come by our Business Office at 600 West 12th, Street to make a payment in person.

If my insurance company has pre-certification, prior approval or notification requirements for specific services, am I responsible for completing this task?

How is a charge set for my services?
Chase County Community Hospital considers the following when setting charges:
Information provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), survey of like size facilities in our region, and the cost of providing the service.
Charges are usually revised on an annual basis. These changes are made at the beginning of our fiscal year which is July 1st. However, as technology and resource needs change, we may have to update our charges at other times during the fiscal year.

What is an Explanation of Benefits (EOB)?
These are documents showing a detailed listing of how your insurance company processed your claim or bill. An EOB is mailed by your insurance company directly to you and Chase County Community Hospital.

Helpful definitions

Beneficiary: A person who receives benefits of any insurance plan or policy.

Claim: A request for payment for services submitted by the provider.

Coinsurance: A specified percentage of covered expenses which the insurance carrier requires the beneficiary to pay toward eligible medical bills.

Co-pay or Co-payment: A specific set dollar amount contracted between the insurance company and the beneficiary to be paid prior to any services rendered.

Covered Services: Services for which an insurance policy will pay.

Deductible: A specified dollar amount of medical expenses which the beneficiary must pay before an insurance policy will pay.

Explanation of Benefits (EOB): A statement from an insurance company showing the processing of a claim.

Medically Necessary: Treatments or services that insurance policies will pay for as defined in the contract.

Non-Covered Services: Services for which an insurance policy will not provide payment. These services are to be paid by the patient at the time of service.

Pre-Certification/Authorization: A service-specific requirement that your insurance company's approval be obtained before a medical service is provided.

Provider: A person or organization that provides medical services.

Back to top


Chase County Clinic

What do I need to bring to my appointment?

Please bring your driver's license or state ID, insurance card, co-pay, and your medications (both perscription and over-the-coutner) that you take at home, with you to each visit.

Will I have to pay before I receive services?
If you are an insured patient and have a copayment for services, you will need to pay your copayment at check-in.

If you are an uninsured patient, you will need to pay a Time of Service Fee at check-in. Down-payment amounts will vary based on the service.

Do I need to have my insurance card or my child's insurance card with me at the hospital or clinic?

Yes, it is very important that you bring your insurance card with you to ensure that we get the insurance billing information to correctly file your claim. You will be asked to present your card each time you register.

How do I know if my visit will be covered by my insurance company?

Health benefit coverage varies with each insurance company or employer group. Please refer to your insurance member handbook or call your insurance company with questions regarding coverage for specific services.

Do I need to pay my Health insurance co-pay?

Co-pay is what you pay when you visit the doctor, to share the costs of your healthcare. Co-pays vary by policy and can change if you see a specialist instead of a regular doctor, or seek treatment out of your provider's network.  Chase County Community Hospital and clinic accepts cash, checks, money orders, and Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and debit cards.

When do I pay my co-pay, co-insurance, or deductible?

Your co-pay, co-insurance, or deductible is due when you register. If you are unsure of your financial responsibilities, please look at your insurance card, or call your insurance company.

I received a billing statement. How do I know my insurance company paid its portion?

If you have questions about insurance payments, please call your insurance company directly. The insurance company's phone number is usually printed on the back of your insurance card.

Will you bill the insurance company for my child's visit?

We will file your claim with the insurance company that you provided to us. It is very important that you provide us with all of the necessary information at the time of registration to file your claim with your insurance company. It is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that your insurance company has all of the information that they need from you in order to process your claim.

How much do you charge for office visits and/or other services?

Although we have specific prices assigned to each service we provide, we can't determine what the cost for your visit is until the provider has actually seen you or your child. There are different levels of office visits, which are determined by the complexity of the condition and/or time spent with the patient. There are also additional charges for immunizations, medications, labs, etc. that are not known until the services are provided. You may contact the Billing Office prior to receiving services for you or your child for an estimate of charges, but a final determination cannot be made until the physician has seen you or your child.

Why do I need to bring my medications with me?

It is important for us to know which medicines, and how much of each, you are taking because it influences recommendations for tests or other medicines you might need.Our electronic medical record tells us what has been prescribed, but only you can confirm what you take every day. This includes prescription medications as well as over-the-counter drugs, such as aspirin, vitamins, herbs, or supplements.

Back to top


Patient Portal

What is Patient Portal?

It is a secure online website that allows you access to your health record.  Results available on the portal currently:   Lab, Most recent visit vitals (height, weight, BP etc.), Allergies, Medications, Visit SummaryIt is a secure messaging portal.  You can send secure messages to the providers at Chase County Hospital & Clinic.  They can return messages to you on the portal.

Examples of messages are:  Medication refill requests, Clarification requests (How many times was I to take that medicine?)

You can confirm and request appointments and see your history of appointments.

How do I sign up?

Each patient must read and sign the consent form.  Minor children (ages 0-19) can be signed up by their legal parents or guardians (may be asked for proof of guardianship).  Once your children are signed up under you, when you log into your portal, your children's information will be available with the same log-in.  You will not need separate log-ins for you and each child.

Can I sign up for my spouse or person that I am a caregiver to?

You may not sign your spouse up.  Adults must sign up for themselves and must sign up in person with a Chase County Hospital/Clinic employee.

If you do not use the computer but would like your caregiver to have access, you may give them proxy by signing the consent and placing their email as the contact.

Is it a complicated process?

The portal is very user-friendly.  Once a Chase County Hospital/Clinic employee gets you signed up you will receive an email.  The email contains a link that you will click on.  The link will open the portal sign-in web page which then walks you through the set up process.

Back to top


Respiratory Therapy

Does your facility rent out nebulizers or home care equipment?

We do not have rental nebulizers or other durable medical equipment such as walkers.  We will assist you in making arrangements with home care companies in the area.   We use home care companies that provide respiratory and rehabilitative equipment located in McCook and Ogallala Nebraska but we are not limited to those specific towns.

Do I need a prescription to start Pulmonary Rehabilitation?

Yes.  You will need to have a face to face visit with your medical provider to start our program.  You may need certain diagnostic testing and a physical assessment to determine whether you are able to participate in the program.

Am I Eligible for Pulmonary Rehab?

People with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are among those who benefit from a Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program. Conditions such as Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis, Bronchiectasis and Asthma all fit into the COPD category. People with other breathing disorders may also be admitted to our program depending on the problem, goals and motivation.

Do I need a prescription to schedule a sleep study?

Yes.  You will need a face-to-face visit with your medical provider to assess your signs and symptoms of sleep related disorder.

Back to top